Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Musings II

Think of me as I am;
Let nothing extenuate,
Of one who loved,
Not too wisely,
But too well,
For never was there,
A story of more woe,
Than that of Othello
And his Desdimono.'
- Act 1, Scene 1,
Othello.

'In sooth; I know not why I am so sad. It wearies me, you say it wearies you. But how I found it, caught it, or came by it, what stuff 'tis made of; whereof 'tis born, I am to learn. And such a wantwit sadness makes of me, that I am much ado to know myself.'
- Act I, Scene I,
Merchant Of Venice

'To be or not to be, that is the question...To die; To sleep; No more; And by sleep to say we end the heartache and the thousand natural shocks that flesh is heir to...to sleep, perchance to dream, ay there's the rub, for in that sleep of death, what dreams may come, when we have shuffled off this mortal coil.'
- Act III, Scene I

No comments:

Post a Comment